Academic Grievance Procedure

Grievances concerning any aspect of academics should first be taken to the instructor of the class, if a classroom situation is in dispute. If a student feels he/she needs to take the matter further, the chair of the department offering the course should be consulted no later than two weeks following the first day of classes for the next semester (including summer terms). The next appeal source is the Dean of the applicable school.

A final decision may be rendered by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. If the dispute involves an academic program, the academic advisor or the chair of the department should be consulted first. All academic and grade appeals must be submitted in writing.